Constructed From Polyethylene
The 98C corn header divider snouts are constructed of polyethylene. The slippery surface of its shields, fenders and points allow for smooth, fast feeding, so you can increase your ground speed. The polyethylene construction also absorbs impact, which means ears don't bounce out of the corn head. It will never rust, and dings and damage won't show because it's yellow all the way through. That means fewer hassles and higher resale value.
Easy Service and Transport
Without using tools, the shields on the 98C flip up and out of the way for complete servicing and easy transport. Convenient props hold the shields in place so you can work quickly and confidently. It's also easy to adjust the height of the points without tools.
The 98C features heavy-duty cast iron row unit gearboxes to drive and support the stalk rolls. The stalk rolls are heat-treated and straight-fluted for more aggressive feeding than a tapered stalk roll. Their unique two-piece cantilevered design reduces replacement costs and improves servicing.
Optional Sharpened knife Roll
Change between standard stalk rolls and knife rolls quickly, thanks to easy removal and installation. The optional sharpened knife stalk rolls chop the corn stalk residue for more even dispersal on the field. It makes later work with tillage and seeding equipment that much easier-just one more way the 98C corn header from New Holland can increase your productivity.
- NEW Larger Rigid Protection Plates have been added for better coverage and increased strength.
- Standard Hydraulically Adjustable Stripper Plates for improved performance in varying crop conditions.
- Gear-case-driven Row Units for added reliability and improved serviceability.
- Oil-bath Row Unit Chain drive for long, dependable operation.
- Gathering Chains with Chrome Pins for increased life-up to 50%.
- Individual Row-unit Slip Clutches that provide immediate protection from plug overloads.
- Optional Hydraulic Deck Plate Adjustment for improved performance in varying crop conditions.